LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Adrian College women's soccer team returned to its winning-ways in a big way, defeating Transylvania 8-0 on the road. AC posted four goals in each half.
Final Score: Adrian 8, Transylvania 0
Location: Lexington, Ky. (Pat Deacon Stadium – Transylvania University)
Records: Adrian 6-3-2, Transylvania 2-6-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
After spending the opening 20 minutes of the first half scoreless, McKenna Mahoney recorded what would be the eventual game-winner. Mahoney was helped along by captain Brooke Teska in the 21st minute.
The final two goals of the first half came within one minute of each other, Sara Lee's unassisted tally coming first at 31:58. Following Lee less than 60 seconds later was Molly Safreed, with the assist going to Caroline Fleming.
It took nine minutes in the second half for Adrian to extend its lead to 5-0, behind a Megan Louwers goal at 54:47. Louwers' goal was assisted by Safreed.
Mahoney posted her second score of the game 1:10 later, this time assisted.
Scoring the final tally in the onslaught of the Pioneers was Safreed, with her second of the day coming inside the final 10 minutes.
In goal for the Bulldogs, junior Kristen Page made three saves for her second win of the season.
- Molly Safreed led the Bulldog offense in points with five, on two goals and an assist.
- Trailing by one point was McKenna Mahoney with two goals, one of which was the game-winner.
- Posting two points on one goal were Sara Lee, Raquel Church, Megan Louwers and Makenna Mascaro.
- With one assist apiece was Sabrina Weir, Caroline Fleming, Brooke Teska and Alexandria Dryps.
- Earning her second win of the season in goal was Kristen Page.
The Bulldogs return home on Tuesday to open their conference slate in a 4 p.m. contest with Olivet.
#BulldogProud #GoDawgs #GDTBAB