GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Adrian College women's soccer team lost 1-0 at Calvin on Tuesday night. Ayverie Giller made five saves in the game for the Bulldogs.
Final Score: Calvin 1, Adrian 0
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan (Zuidema Field)
Records: Calvin (9-2-0, 6-1-0 MIAA), Adrian (6-4-1, 3-3-1 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Calvin scored the game's only goal in the 17th minute of regulation when Abby Koops scored off an assist from Emily Van Vilet. The Knights had a slight edge in shot attempts (5-3), shots on goal (2-1), and corner kicks (2-0) heading into the intermission.
The Bulldogs had a few chances to tie the score in the second half, the first was a header by Mya Oleksiak that was saved by Calvin keeper, Amy Kliewer. The second chance was a shot by Raquel Church that was saved by Kliewer.
The Knights finished with a 13-8 advantage in shot attempts, 6-3 in shots on goal, and 4-2 in corner kicks.
• Kirsten Chambers, Oleksiak, and Chruch each tallied a shot on goal for Adrian.
• Giller saved five of the six shots she faced in the losing effort.
• Mackenzie Wilcox had a team-high three shot attempts.
• Koops had a game-high six shot attempts, five of which were on goal, and a goal.
• Van Vilet had the game's only assist.
• Kliewer saved all three shots she faced.
Adrian will return home to host St. Mary's on homecoming Saturday, September 30. Kickoff time is scheduled for 1:00 p.m., ET.