Final Score: Kalamazoo 3, Adrian 2 - F/OT
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan (MacKenzie Field)
Records: Kalamazoo (6-3-0, 5-2-0 MIAA), Adrian (6-3-1, 3-2-1 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian scored twice on five shot attempts in the first half. Fleming scored first in the game in the 27th minute off an assist from Mya Oleksiak to give the Bulldogs a 1-0 lead. Georgie Andrews would respond for the Hornets, scoring in the 32nd minute to tie the game back up at one goal apiece.
Libby Munoz would score at the 37:00 mark to give Kalamazoo its first lead, 2-1. The Hornets would only hold the lead for two minutes as Wilcox scored unassisted at 39:02 of the opening half.
The score would remain 2-2 at halftime. The shots were 7-5 in favor of Kalamazoo, but the Bulldogs had a 4-0 advantage in corner kicks.
In the second half, Adrian would register 10 shot attempts to only one from the Hornets, but was unable to score the winning goal as the game would enter overtime.
Just 2:25 into the first overtime period, Munoz would score her second goal of the game to give Kalamazoo the 3-2 win.
• Fleming scored her third goal of the season on four shot attempts (2 on goal).
• Wilcox's goal is her sixth this season. She is the team leader in points for the season with 13 (6g, 1a).
• Oleksiak obtained her first career assist on the opening goal of the game. The assist gives her a season point total of 11 (tied for 2nd on team).
• Ayverie Giller (L, 6-2-1) made four saves and faced seven shots on goal.
• Munoz scored twice on five shot attempts with four of those shots being on goal.
• Andrews scored a goal on her only shot of the game.
• Hannah Wolfe saved four of the six shots she faced in net for the Hornets.
Adrian will stay on the road for a MIAA contest at Calvin on Tuesday, September 26. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m., ET.