ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's soccer team tied with Albion 1-1 on Thursday night at Docking Stadium. Freshman Mya Oleksiak (Shelby, Mich.) scored the lone goal for the Bulldogs early in the 16th minute of the game.
Final Score: Adrian 1, Albion 1 - Final/2OT
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Docking Stadium)
Records: Adrian (3-2-1, 2-1-1 MIAA), Albion (2-2-1, 1-1-1 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian set the pace of the game early in the first half as the team was able to create some good scoring opportunities. The first good look came on a free kick from Caroline Fleming (sophomore, Grosse Ile, Mich.) that was saved by Albion goalkeeper Maggie Troost (T, 2-2-1). The Bulldogs would capitalize on the next look when Oleksiak would score off a header that was crossed by Fleming to give Adrian the 1-0 lead. Oleksiak got another scoring opportunity that could have given Adrian a 2-0 cushion, but the ball glanced off the post and the Britons were able to clear the ball out of the zone.
Albion would tie the game up in the 78th minute when Alex Radzville scored on a high kick that deflected off the hands of Adrian keeper Ayverie Giller (T, 3-1-1) and bounced into the net.
The Bulldogs attempted a shot attempt in each overtime period but were unable to score and get the win.
Adrian finished with an advantage in shots (13-6). Both teams had five shots on goal and each keeper made four saves. The Britons edged the Bulldogs in corner kicks, 5-3.
• Oleksiak finished with five shot attempts (1 on goal), scoring once.
• Fleming added three shots (2 on goal) to her stat line.
• Senior Kirsten Chambers (Riverview, Mich.) had two shot attempts (1 on goal).
• Claire Baghera (sophomore, Ada, Mich.) tallied a shot on goal.
• Giller saved four of the five shots she faced in net for the Bulldogs.
• Radzville scored once on her two shot attempts, both of which were on goal.
• Sarah Castellano, Clare Kelley, and Alyssa Brooks each tallied a shot on goal.
• Troost finished with four saves in 110:00 minutes of play.
Adrian will stay home to host Wooster in non-conference action this Saturday, September 16. Kick off is scheduled for 1:00 p.m., ET.