HOLLAND, Mich. - Hope scored two goals in the second half to pull out the 2-0 win over Adrian on Saturday afternoon. Claire Baghera (sophomore, Ada, Mich.) led the Bulldog offense with three shot attempts (2 on goal) in the losing effort.
Final Score: Hope 2, Adrian 0
Location: Holland, Michigan (Van Andel Soccer Stadium)
Records: Hope (4-0, 2-0 MIAA), Adrian (2-2, 1-1 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian goalkeeper Ayverie Giller (L, 2-1) was busy in the first half as she made nine saves to keep the game scoreless going into the locker room at half time. Adrian totaled two shots (1 on goal) and one corner kick in opening half.
Rylie Dalton broke the deadlock in the 66th minute scoring on a through pass from teammate Grace Bubin to give Hope the 1-0 lead. Hilary Curry gave the Flying Dutch an insurance goal less than two minutes later to bring the score to 2-0, Hope.
The Flying Dutch outshot the Bulldogs 25-8 (14-4 on goal). Hope also edged Adrian in corner kicks, 11-3.
• Giller finished with a career-high 12 saves in the game for the Bulldogs.
• Dalton and Curry each scored a goal for the Flying Dutch.
• Bubin tallied an assist and two shots (2 on goal).
• Hope goalkeeper Jordanne Ellingboe (W, 2-0) saved all four shots she faced in the game.
• "We're disappointed not to have gotten a goal when things were tied up late. It took a while to get solid momentum, but we were really starting to push the match about 10 minutes into the second half and allowed a goal at an inopportune time." - Head Coach Ali Alamdari
• "This match made us better and we're excited about a couple more big MIAA matches early next week." - Head Coach Ali Alamdari
The Bulldogs return home to host Trine on Monday, September 11, at 7:00 p.m., ET. The match will be the team's conference home opener.