ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's soccer team fell at home to Kalamazoo 2-1 on Family Weekend on Saturday morning.
Final Score: Kalamazoo 2, Adrian 1
Location: Adrian, Mich. (Docking Stadium)
Records: Adrian (3-9-1, 5-10-1), Kalamazoo (11-1-2, 12,3,2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 0, Kalamazoo 0
• Both teams came out defensively with neither offense being able to score. The wind was also a factor on the long ball in the game.
• Kalamazoo attempted 10 shots in the first half, six of them on goal. Adrian totaled two shot attempts, one on goal.
Second Half: Kalamazoo 2, Adrian 1
• Katie Sorensen scored the game's first goal on a penalty kick in the 71st minute.
• Sofia Farah would knot things up at 1-1 in the 86th minute, kicking the ball from the top of the box to beat Hornet goalkeeper to the top right.
• Kalamazoo would regain the lead just 16 seconds later when Emma Tardiff received the pass from Suzanne Miller and put the ball passed Adrian keeper Haley Barnes (L, 4-8).
• The Hornets outshot the Bulldogs, 7-3, in the second, 3-2 in shots on net.
• Farah scored the lone Adrian goal and had a team-high two shots on goal.
• Caroline Fleming had one shot on goal.
• Barnes saved seven of the nine shots she faced.
• Tardiff and Sorenson were the Kalamazoo goal-scorers.
• Miller had the only assist of the game.
• Madison Moote had a game-high three shots on goal.
• Goalkeeper Maddie Odom (W, 2-1-1) saved two of the three shots she faced.
• The Bulldogs will stay at home to host the Trine Thunder this Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.