ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's soccer team fell 4-2 to visiting Calvin on Tuesday night, October 18 at Docking Stadium.
Final Score: Calvin 4, Adrian 2
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Docking Stadium)
Records: Adrian (5-9-1, 3-8-1), Calvin (8-7-1, 7-4-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 2, Calvin 1
• Chambers would score another point in the 30th minute, this time assisting on the Mackenzie Wilcox goal that would double the Adrian lead to 2-0.
• Calvin's Allie Corp would score off a pass from Bekah Maguire late in the first half to cut the Bulldog lead to one goal going into halftime.
• Calvin outshot Adrian 6-3 in the first half, however, the Bulldogs edged the Knights in shots on goal 3-2.
Second Half: Calvin 4, Adrian 2
• Anica Pausma would tie the game, 2-2, in the 68th minute, heading the ball into the net off a corner kick from teammate Kailey Jo.
• The Bulldogs had a chance to regain the lead with three consecutive shots that were all saved by Calvin goalkeeper Brianna Koehn (W, 6-6-1). The first shot was a 20-yard bomb from Taylor Miller that Koehn punched off the crossbar to a waiting Chambers who tried to head the ball in off the rebound for the second shot. However, Koehn made a great effort, deflecting the ball away to another Adrian player, Wilcox. The captain took a shot, but Koehn was able to dive in front and wrap up the ball to stop any remaining shot attempts from the Bulldogs.
• The Knights took their first lead when the ball deflected off an Adrian defender for an own goal.
• Maguire would double the Calvin lead in the 83rd minute, beating a defender to a deflected ball and putting it in the net.
• Chambers and Wilcox each scored one goal of two shots for Adrian.
• Maguire, Pausma and Corp each scored for the Knights.
• Kali Mouw tied a game-high two shots on goal.
• Koehn saved five of the seven shots she faced.
• Adrian will stay at home to host Kalamazoo on Saturday morning at 11:00 a.m.