ADRIAN, Mich. - Kirsten Chambers lit up the scoreboard twice to lead the Bulldogs to a 2-1 overtime victory on Saturday afternoon against Albion. This is the first two-goal game as well as game-winning goal in an Adrian uniform for Chambers in what has been a week of career firsts for the junior forward (she scored her first career goal Wednesday at St. Mary's in a 2-0 win).
Final Score: Adrian 2, Albion 1 - FINAL/OT
Location: Adrian, Mich. (Docking Stadium)
Records: Adrian (5-5-1, 3-4-1), Albion (3-6-1, 2-6-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 1, Albion 1
• Chambers took a ball that was deflected by an Albion defender who was blocking the shot of Adrian's Carlin O'Malley and scored in the 26th minute to give the Bulldogs a 1-0 lead.
• The Britons would respond ten minutes later when Alex Radzville passed the ball to Domenique Sarnecky and she put the ball in the net passed Adrian goalkeeper Haley Barnes (W, 4-3-0).
• The Bulldogs dictated the pace for most of the first half by out-shooting Albion 11-4 (4-3 in shots on goal).
Second Half: Adrian 1, Albion 1
• Both teams came out of the half pressing, however neither team was able break the deadlock.
• The Britons edged Adrian in shots in the second half 6-5 and had the only shots on goal (two) in the second.
Overtime: Adrian 2, Albion 1
• The Bulldogs were able to break the tie and earn the victory in the sixth minute of the first overtime when Chambers scored her second goal of the afternoon. After the ball was batted around in the box between Adrian attackers and Albion defenders, Chambers took a shot at the top left of the box. The ball soared toward the upper right of the net, deflected off the fully extended Albion goalkeeper's, Maggie Troost (L, 3-3-1), hands and into the net.
• Chambers scored two goals on both of her shots (both on goal) in the game.
• Mackenzie Wilcox also contributed two shots on goal.
• Sofia Farah tallied one shot on goal.
• Barnes saved four of the five shots she faced.
• Sarnecky scored the lone goal for Albion.
• Radzville tallied the game's only assist.
• Jenna Urso had a game-high three shots on goal.
• The Bulldogs will travel on Tuesday (Oct. 4) to face Olivet. The two teams tied 1-1 on September 7 when the Comets were at Adrian. The game is set to begin at 4:00 p.m.