NOTRE DAME, Ind. - Caroline Fleming (freshman, Grosse Ile, Mich.) and Kirsten Chambers (junior, Riverview, Mich.) scored the first goals of their careers to lead the Bulldogs to a 2-0 win over St. Mary's, the second consecutive Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association victory.
"Our goal today was to be clinical and efficient, and I think it took a while to reach our standards," said Head Coach Ali Alamdari. "Credit goes to the defensive unit for making sure we didn't slip up and allow a dangerous counterattack to make things difficult. Bailey Sarka in particular did a fantastic job locking things down in the back to close out the win.
Final Score: Adrian 2, St. Mary's 0
Location: Notre Dame, Indiana (Purcell Athletic Fields)
Records: Adrian (4-5-1, 2-4-1), St. Mary's (1-8-0, 0-7-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 1, St. Mary's nil
• Fleming scored her first career goal to put the Bulldogs on the board in the seventh, giving Adrian the 1-0 lead.
• The Bulldogs attempted 12 shots in the first half while limiting the Belles to only one shot.
Second Half: Adrian 2, St. Mary's nil
• Chambers would put her first career goal in the net in the 52nd minute off an assist from Emily Theisen to double the Adrian lead.
• Adrian outshot St. Mary's 8-1 in the second half (20-2 for the entire game).
• Fleming and Chambers each scored for Adrian.
• Theisen recorded the lone assist.
• Goalkeeper Haley Barnes saved both shots she faced.
• Kate Vasile and Kellen Hinchey each had one shot on goal.
• Thallia Robles made nine saves at goalkeeper for the Belles.
• The Bulldogs return home to face Albion on Saturday, October 1 at noon.