GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Adrian College women's soccer team lost 3-1 in the team's Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association road opener at Calvin on Saturday afternoon. The loss gives the Bullldogs their third straight conference loss.
"Coming out of halftime, our girls fought hard to carry momentum in search of an equalizer, and nearly found it before Calvin put it away against the run of play," said Ali Alamdari. "We'd prefer to get a result, but there are many positives to take forward. We have to commit to 90 minutes of focus and intensity on Tuesday at Kalamazoo as we continue this tough road stretch.
Final Score: Calvin 3, Adrian 1
Location: Grand Rapids, Mich. (Zuidema Field)
Records: Calvin (4-3-0, 3-1-0), Adrian (2-4-1, 0-3-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 0, Calvin 2
• The Knights scored the first goal of the game in the 25th minute when Whitney Koets scored an unassisted goal off a through ball.
• Kailey Jo extended the lead to 2-0 in the 41st minute.
Second Half: Adrian 1, Calvin 3
• Adrian senior Emily Theisen would cut the Calvin lead in half in the 68th minute scoring unassisted off an indirect free kick.
• Kali Mouw would score the final goal of the game less than two minutes later scoring off a rebound to put the score at 3-1
• Thesien scored the lone goal for the Bulldogs
• Senior goalkeeper Haley Barnes recorded five saves in 90 minutes of play
• Jo, Mouw and Koets all scored one goal each.
• Jo and Koets each had two shots on goal.
• Goalkeeper Brianna Koehn made four saves for the Knights.
• Adrian continues MIAA play on the road, traveling to Kalamazoo on Tuesday, September 20 at 7:00 p.m. This will be the second of four straight games on the road for the Bulldogs.