ADRIAN, Mich. – The Adrian College women's soccer team start the season with a 3-0 sweep of Lawrence Tech on Thursday night at Docking Stadium.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Lawrence Tech 0
Location: Adrian, Mich. (Docking Stadium)
Records: Adrian (1-0), Lawrence Tech (3-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 1. Lawrence Tech 0
• Adrian jumped out to a 1-0 lead after senior Sofia Farah scored off a penalty kick in the 11th minute.
• Lawrence Tech had opportunities to score in the first half but fail to capitalize on any of them.
• The Blue Devils outshot the Bulldogs in the first half 10-7 and also had all five corner kicks in the half
• "For the first half, we definitely looked like a team playing its first match. Our communication and possession were not up to par, and frankly we were fortunate to be up 1-nil at the half," said Head Coach Ali Alamdari.
Second Half: Adrian 3, Lawrence Tech 0
• Freshman Kimberly Lindberg would score the final goal for the Bulldogs putting the ball in the top right corner of the net 20-yards away from the goal
• Both teams were even in shots for the second half at four a piece.
• Adrian edged Lawrence Tech 4-2 in corner kicks for the final half.
• "Once the second half started, we looked more like the team that's shown up in training everyday," added Alamdari.
• Farah scored one goal on two shots, Wilcox scored one goal on one shot and Lindberg scored one goal on two shots (both shots were on goal).
• Senior Goalkeeper Haley Barnes recorded five saves on her way to her first shutout of the season
• Tia Lamie attempted five shots (one on goal)
• Ally Nyboer recorded three shots and Danielle Edwards tallied two (both on goal)
• The Bulldogs travel to face Grove City on Saturday, September 3 at 1:00 p.m.