NOTRE DAME, Ind. – The Adrian College women's lacrosse team fell to conference-unbeaten St. Mary's College 19-3 on Wednesday, April 24. The loss drops the Bulldogs to the fifth seed in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and on the outside looking in with one conference game to go.
Final Score: St. Mary's 19, Adrian 3
Location: Notre Dame, Ind. (Purcell Athletic Fields)
Records: AC 8-6 (3-4 MIAA), SMC 11-5 (7-0 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
St. Mary's scored in the first minute and then added two more before Adrian sophomore Gwyneth Carlson got the Bulldogs on the board. The Belles put three more in before AC scored again, with sophomore Erika McDonald scoring with 35 seconds left in the half making it 6-2 heading into the break.
The Belles were determined to put the game out of question in the second half and scored seven straight goals before freshman Carlee Casteel scored to stop the bleeding. That would be the last time the Black and Gold put one past the goalie as SMC rattled off six more to close out the game with the 19-3 victory.
• Carlson scooped up six ground balls and sophomore Hannah Roegner gathered five.
• Freshman Olive Stevens corralled four draw controls to lead the team. Carlson was right behind her with three.
• Erin Doyle and Kendra Osinski each scored five times to lead St. Mary's. Doyle now has 100 on the season, the second-most in NCAA Division III.
• Rachel Leonard had a game-high 11 ground balls and Kate Kelly picked up six draw controls.
• Emily Kraker made five saves in the win.
Adrian finishes the regular season on Saturday, April 27 with a trip to Kalamazoo at 1 p.m. The Bulldogs will be looking for the win and some help from the conference to make the MIAA tournament
#GoBulldogs | #EarnIt