ALBION, Mich. – The Adrian College women's lacrosse team fell to Albion College 14-3 in Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) play on Tuesday, April 2. It was a rough second half for the Bulldogs, as they were held without a single goal in the second 30 minutes.
Final Score: Albion 14, Adrian 3
Location: Albion, Mich. (Alumni Field)
Records: AC 5-3 (1-2 MIAA), Albion 7-3 (2-0 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Albion got on the board 27 seconds into the game with a goal on the game's opening possession. The game would remain 1-0 in favor of the Britons for almost nine minutes until senior Annie Rice scored her 22nd of the season to level the game.
Things turned sour for the Bulldogs after that, as Albion rattled off five goals in a row, including one coming with a man down, to open a 6-1 lead with 11:09 left in the first half. The run was halted when sophomore Gwyneth Carlson notched her team-leading 24th goal of the season with 10:21 remaining after a nice feed from freshman Carlee Casteel.
Casteel scored a goal of her own less than a minute later to pull AC to within three. That would prove to be the final tally of the first half, as the Black and Gold trailed 6-3 heading into halftime.
It was all Albion in the second half as the Britons netted all eight goals scored after the break to cruise to a 13-3 victory over the Bulldogs.
• Rice, Carlson, and Casteel scored Adrian's three goals with Casteel picking up an assist.
• Freshman Cristin Culbertson and Rice each scooped up four ground balls.
• Freshman Olive Stevens led the way with three draw controls.
• Carlson caused four Albion turnovers in the game.
• Senior Hannah Emerson started and played the majority of the game, finishing with nine saves. Freshmen Sydney Doroh and Emily Anderson each got playing time for the second straight game, with Doroh coming in while Emerson served a yellow card and Anderson played the last five minutes.
• Destiny Okon and Chrystelle Lopez each scored three goals for Albion and Lopez added three assists as well.
• Okon had seven draw controls and Okon and Lopez led the Britons with five ground balls each.
• Jenina Villabroza stopped 11 of the 14 shots she faced.
Adrian stays on the road this weekend when the Bulldogs travel to Holland, Michigan for a conference clash with Hope on Saturday, April 6. Scheduled start time is 3:30 p.m.
#GoBulldogs | #EarnIt