ADRIAN, MICH. -- The Adrian College women's lacrosse team was defeated by Kalamazoo 19-9 on Saturday afternoon. Annie Rice (Reisterstown, Md.) led the Bulldogs with three points (2g, 1a) in the losing effort.
Final Score: Kalamazoo 19, Adrian 9
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Docking Stadium)
Records: Kalamazoo (7-8, 4-4 MIAA), Adrian (2-13, 1-7 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Kalamazoo scored three quick goals to take the early lead. However, the Bulldogs responded with three goals of their own to tie the game with 20:39 still left to play in the first half. Rice scored the first goal for Adrian. She was followed by senior Mariesa Johnson (Algonac, Mich.) and Hannah Roegner (Huntington Woods, Mich.). The Hornets then scored five straight goals to retake the lead, 8-3, before netting the final goal of the half after a goal from Adrian's Jenna Carter (Canton, Mich.) gave the Bulldogs four first-half goals to put the score at 9-4, K'zoo.
Gabriella Storin (Neenah, Wis.) scored the first two goals for Adrian in the second half. Rice added her second goal with 6:46 remaining in regulation before Gwyneth Brodbeck (Lake Orion, Mich.) scored the final two goals of the game, the second of which came with only 10 seconds left to play.
• Rice scored her two goals on five shots and finished with three ground balls and a caused turnover.
• Carter tallied team highs in both shots on goal (7), ground balls (5), draw controls (5), and caused turnovers (3).
• Erika McDonald also tallied five draw controls to help lead the team in that category.
• Hannah Emerson (Commerce Twp., Mich.) tallied 13 saves during her 60:00 of play time in net for the Bulldogs.
• Rachel Madar (7) and Caroline Mundell (5) led the Hornets in goals. Madar also led Kalamazoo with five ground balls, 10 draw controls, and three caused turnovers.
• Amanda Moss tallied a hat trick and led the team with two assists.