ADRIAN, MICH. -- The Adrian College women's lacrosse team were defeated by St. Mary's 23-7 in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) home game on Wednesday night. Jenna Carter (Canton, Mich.) tallied three goals to lead the Bulldog offense in the losing effort.
Final Score: St. Mary's 23, Adrian 7
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Docking Stadium)
Records: St. Mary's (11-4, 6-1 MIAA), Adrian (2-12, 1-6 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Gabriella Storin (Neenah, Wis.) scored the first Adrian goal of the game. Carter followed Storin by scoring the first of her three goals less than one minute later. Gwyneth Brodbeck (Lake Orion, Mich.) after Storin's second tally and before Carter completed her hat trick to end the scoring for Adrian in the first half.
Brodbeck scored the only Bulldog goal in the second half. Her goal was assisted by Annie Rice (Reisterstown, Md.).
• Carter added a ground ball and two draw controls to her team-high three goals.
• Brodbeck totaled two ground balls and a caused turnover.
• Hannah Roegner (Huntington Woods, Mich.) recorded a team-high seven draw controls.
• Kate Kelly and Erin Doyle tied for a game-high six goals. Kelly also had a game-high eight draw controls and two caused turnovers.
• Clare Theisen had five goals and tied with a game-high five ground balls. She also had six draw controls and three caused turnovers.
• Rachael Leonard tallied five ground balls.
The Bulldogs wrap up their season with a home game against Kalamazoo on Saturday, April 28, at 1:00 p.m., ET.