OLIVET, MICH. -- The Adrian College women's lacrosse team earned its first Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) victory of the season after a 19-1 victory over Olivet. Gwyneth Brodbeck led the Bulldog offense with five goals and an assist in the win.
Final Score: Adrian 19, Olivet 1
Location: Olivet, Michigan (Cutler Athletic Complex)
Records: Adrian (2-11, 1-5 MIAA), Olivet (0-11, 0-6 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Jenna Carter (Canton, Mich.) scored the first goal of her three-goal outing to give Adrian a 2-0 advantage.
Gwyneth Brodbeck (Lake Orion, Mich.) tallied two consecutive goals--she totaled all five of her goals in the opening 30 minutes--that increased the lead to 4-0.
McDonald was the third Bulldog to score a hat-trick in the first half. Adrian finished the first half with a 15-0 lead.
• Brodbeck led the team in goals (5), shots on goal (6), and ground balls (7).
• Carter tallied three goals, an assist, five ground balls, three draw controls, and three caused turnovers.
• Rice had a game-high eight assists--tied for 4th most assists in a single game--while adding four ground balls.
• McDonald scored her three goals on five shots while hauling in a ground ball, five draw controls, and a caused turnover.
• Johnson tallied two goals, four ground balls, and two caused turnovers.
• Sabrina Butler scored the lone goal for the Comets. She also led the team with four draw controls and three ground balls while tying for a team-high one caused turnovers.
• Paige Harcourt, Cayla Wierenga, and Keri Hettinger each had a caused turnover.
Adrian will host St. Mary's in MIAA action on Wednesday, April 25. The game is scheduled to begin at 6:00 p.m., ET.