HOLLAND, MICH. -- The Adrian College women's lacrosse team fell 13-7 at Hope in Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) action on Saturday afternoon. Jenna Carter (Canton, Mich.), Gwyneth Brodbeck (Lake Orion, Mich.), and Mariesa Johnson (Algonac, Mich.) each tallied two goals to lead the Bulldogs in the losing effort.
Final Score: Hope 13, Adrian 7
Location: Holland, Michigan (Van Andel Soccer)
Records: Hope (6-3, 3-0 MIAA), Adrian (1-9, 0-4 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Hope scored seven goals in the opening half to take a 7-3 lead when the teams headed to the locker room for the intermission. Brodbeck, Johnson, and Carter each tallied one goal in first half.
Carter, Brodbeck, and Johnson each added their second goal in the second half. Maddie Nicholas (South Lyon, Mich.) also scored a goal in the second half. Hope added six goals in the half to earn the victory.
• Carter added two ground balls, a draw control, and two caused turnovers to her two-goal stat line.
• Brodbeck and Johnson led Adrian with five draw controls. Brodbeck also contributed with a draw control and two caused turnovers.
• Rachel Smestad (Grand Rapids, Mich.) had a game-high seven caused turnovers and four ground balls.
• Hannah Emerson (L, 1-8) (Commerce Twp., Mich.) made eight saves in goal for the Bulldogs.
• Emily Deane led the Flying Dutch with four goals.
• Bailey Berberich had a team-high six ground balls and three caused turnovers.
• Julianna Burlet also had a team-high three caused turnovers.
• Laurel Frederickson (W, 5-3) made six saves in goal for Hope.
Adrian continues its road trip on Wednesday, April 11 when the team travels to Angola, Indian to face MIAA opponent Trine. The game is scheduled for a 6:00 p.m., ET, start.