GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. -- The Adrian College women's lacrosse team fell 17-6 at Calvin in the team's second Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) game of the season. Jenna Carter (Canton, Mich.) scored her third hat trick of the season.
Final Score: Calvin 17, Adrian 6
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan (Zuidema Field)
Records: Calvin (3-5, 1-0 MIAA), Adrian (1-7, 02 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Carter scored the first three goals for the Bulldogs in the first half. Her third goal cut the Calvin lead to two goals (5-3) with 21:04 left in the first half. Annie Rice (Reisterstown, Md.) was the only other Bulldog to score in the first half. She scored on a free position shot with 2:39 before the start of the half.
Rice scored her second goal of the game in the second half with 11:24 left on the clock. Maddie Nicholas (South Lyon, Mich.) scored the final goal of the game with 7:24 remaining in regulation. Alyssa Gunderson (Ridgely, Md.) earned an assist on the play.
• Carter's stat line read three goals, five shots (4 SOG), one ground ball, and five draw controls.
• Rice tallied two goals on seven shots (5 SOG), she hauled in two ground balls, two draw controls, and caused one turnover.
• Nicholas added a ground ball and a caused turnover to her stat line.
• Hannah Emerson (Commerce Twp., Mich.) made 15 saves in between the pipes for the Bulldogs.
• Kelly Pepper scored six goals to lead the Knights offense.
• Amanda Davio and Lauryn Slachter both tallied hat tricks.
• Alyssa Gagnon and Sky Gyuro led Calvin with four ground balls.
• Ellis Chalfant made five of the team's eight saves.
The Bulldogs will look to earn their first conference win on Tuesday, April 3, when they host Albion. The game is scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m., ET.