WOOSTER, OHIO -- The Adrian College women's lacrosse team was downed 15-5 at Wooster on Saturday afternoon. Jenna Carter (Canton, Mich.) scored two goals to lead the Bulldogs in the losing effort.
Final Score: Wooster 15, Adrian 5
Location: Wooster, Ohio (John P. Papp Stadium)
Records: Wooster (3-1), Adrian (1-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Wooster scored 11 goals prior to Carter tickling the twine for Adrian with just 2:28 remaining in the first half. Annie Rice (Reisterstown, Md.) followed suit with a goal in the final 30 seconds of the half to cut the Fighting Scots lead to nine, 11-2.
The Bulldogs defense would hold Wooster to just four goals in the second half, but the offense would fail to rally, only scoring three goals in the second half. Carter scored her second of the game in the opening five minutes. Alex Branum (Easton, Pa.) and Gabriella Storin (Neenah, Wis.) were the final two goal scorers for Adrian.
• Rice led the Bulldogs with three ground balls. She also registered a draw control and caused a turnover.
• Hannah Roegner (Huntington Woods, Mich.) had a team-high four draw controls. She also added a caused turnover and a shot on goal.
• Hannah Emerson (Commerce Twp., Mich.) finished with nine saves and a ground ball in the net for the Bulldogs.
• Helena Enders (3+2=5) and Alexa Mills (3+1=4) each tallied a hat trick for the Scots.
• Megan Healy led the team with five ground balls, nine draw controls, and three caused turnovers.
Adrian will begin conference play this Wednesday (March 28) when the team hosts Alma at Docking Stadium. The game is scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m., ET.