KALAMAZOO, Mich. - The Adrian College women's lacrosse team stumbled on the road against Kalamazoo as the Hornets pulled out a 12-7 victory. Annika Nuler (3,0) and Annie Rice (1,2) led the Bulldogs in the losing effort with each scoring four points.
Final Score: Kalamazoo 12, Adrian 7
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan (MacKenzie Field)
Records: Kalamazoo (4-10, 4-4 MIAA), Adrian (5-8, 4-3 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Kalamazoo's Hannah Meyers scored the first two goals in the opening half to take a 2-0 lead.
• Maddie Nicholas put Adrian on the board with 24:36 remaining in the half to cut the Hornet lead, 2-1.
• Rice scored an unassisted goal to tie the game at two.
• Kalamazoo responded by scoring the final two goals of the half to take a 4-2 lead into the locker room at halftime.
• Mariesa Johnson scored the first goal of the second half to put the Adrian deficit to one point, 4-3.
• The Hornets scored two straight goals to increase the lead to 6-3. Nuler scored her first of three goals with 24:24 left in regulation.
• Kalamazoo built the largest lead of the game after a four-goal run to put the score at 10-4 with only 8:15 left to play.
• The Bulldogs scored three of the next five goals but ran out of time to rally enough to tie the game.
• Nuler (3,0) and Rice (1,2) led Adrian in points. Nuler also scooped up four ground balls and one draw control. Rice had three ground balls and one caused turnover in the game.
• Hannah Meyers led the team with three goals.
• Amanda Moss, Vethania Stavropoulos, and Nicole Huff each scored two goals in the game.
• Adrian will face St. Mary's on Saturday, April 29 in the team's final regular season home game of the season. The game is set to begin at 1:00 p.m.
• The Bulldogs will need to win against the Belles on Saturday in order to compete in the MIAA Tournament.