ALMA, Mich. - The Adrian College women's lacrosse team won its fourth consecutive Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) game on Friday afternoon at Alma. Annika Nuler led the Bulldogs with five goals in the game.
Final Score: Adrian 16, Alma 9
Location: Alma, Michigan (Bahlke Field)
Records: Adrian (5-6, 4-1 MIAA), Alma (7-6, 1-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Shelby Frazer put Alma on the board first, scoring an unassisted goal in the opening two minutes to give the Scots their first lead of the game, 1-0.
• Mariesa Johnson tied the game up with her first of four goals in the game at 26:33.
• Alma would take its final lead of the game with 25:15 remaining in the first half when Frazer scored her second goal of the game, 2-1 Scots.
• Annie Rice's goal 1:14 later tied the game at two and started a Bulldog run of six straight goals that put Adrian on top for the rest of the game, 7-2.
• The teams traded goals the rest of the half to have the score sitting at 9-4 in favor of Adrian when the teams entered the locker room at halftime.
• The Bulldogs started the second half by scoring the first three goals to go up 12-4 with 22:30 remaining in regulation.
• Adrian scored three more goals following two straight from the Scots to extend the lead to 15-6 with 15:33 left in the game.
• The Scots scored three goals to cut the Bulldog lead to six, 15-9.
• Adrian tacked one more point on the board, scoring the final goal of the game with 5:38 left to play.
• Nuler added two groundballs, two draw controls, and one caused turnover to her game-high five goals.
• Johnson scored four goals and hauled in two groundballs for the Bulldogs.
• Rice scored a hat trick and also dished two assists along with two groundballs, one draw control, and three caused turnovers.
• Emily Smith contributed two goals, one ground ball, two draw controls and one caused turnover.
• Frazer led the Scots, scoring four goals and pulling in a groundball.
• Allie Ray led the team with four groundballs.
• Mia Harvey scored twice and tallied one assist along with one ground ball and three draw controls.
• With only three games remaining in the regular season the Bulldogs are currently fourth in the MIAA with a conference record of 4-1.
• Adrian will face off against league-leading Calvin on Tuesday, April 25 at 4:00 p.m., before heading to Kalamazoo on Thursday, April 27 for a 7:00 p.m. matchup.