ELMHURST, Ill. - The Adrian College women's lacrosse team won big at Elmhurst 17-3 for its first win of the season. Emily Smith led the Bulldogs scoring five goals and two assists in the win.
Final Score: Adrian 17, Elmhurst 3
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois (Langhorst Field)
Records: Adrian (1-5), Elmhurst (0-8)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The Bulldogs started fast by scoring five goals in the first 10 minutes of the opening half.
• Jenna Carter put Adrian on the board first, scoring on a free-position shot at the 28:25 mark of the first.
• Smith scored off an assist from Annie Rice to increase the lead to 2-0. Rice followed Smith, scoring the third Adrian goal just 18 seconds later.
• Smith scored the next three goals for the Bulldogs to increase the lead 6-0.
• Nuler and Smith scored the final two goals of the half that allowed the Bulldogs to take a 13-0 lead into the locker room at halftime.
• Grace Knoebel scored the first Elmhurst goal off a free position shot less than five minutes into the second half. Annette Stidham scored next for the Blue Jays to cut the Adrian lead to 13-2.
• Mariesa Johnson scored an unassisted goal at 18:29 of the half before Knoebel scored the final goal for Elmhurst.
• Carter scored twice for the Bulldogs and Amanda Tuckey finished off the game's scoring with 4:25 remaining in the half.
• Smith added four ground balls and two caused turnovers to her five goals and two assists.
• Carter scored three goals and had one assist. She added one ground ball and seven draw controls.
• Nuler also scored three goals as well as hauling in a ground ball and four draw controls.
• Rice added two goals, three assists, three groundballs, and three caused turnovers.
• Knoebel scored two goals and Stidham added another.
• Knoebel had four ground balls.
• Sam Sepke and Stidham each had one caused turnover.
• Adrian opens up MIAA play at home on Wednesday, April 5 when Hope comes to town. The game is scheduled to begin at 6:00 p.m.