NAPERVILLE, Ill. - The Adrian College women's lacrosse team rallied in the second half but fall just short on the road at North Central (Ill.), 14-11. Jenna Carter tied a game-high in goals with four despite the loss.
Final Score: North Central 14, Adrian 11
Location: Naperville, Illinois (Benedetti-Wehrli)
Records: North Central (Ill.) (4-0), Adrian (0-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The teams would trade scores three times at the beginning of the game for a 3-3 tie with 13:49 off the clock.
• The Cardinals would score the final eight goals of the half to take a 10-3 lead into the locker room at half-time.
• Carter scored two of the three Bulldog goals in the first half; Alex Branum scored the other for Adrian.
• North Central scored the first two goals to open up the second half to take a 12-3 lead over the Bulldogs. However, Adrian would score the next six goals to pull within three points, 12-9 with 15:49 remaining to play in regulation.
• After a Cardinal goal, Adrian would score twice more to bring the score to 13-11 before North Central would score the final goal of the game to seal the victory with just 48 seconds remaining.
• Carter (4,0) led Adrian in scoring and draw controls (5).
• Branum finished with two goals and one assist as well as five ground balls and two caused turnovers.
• Annie Rice had two assists, three ground balls, and three caused turnovers.
• Annika Nuler scored twice and added three ground balls, one draw control, and two caused turnovers.
• Kassie Whaling (4,0), Madison Maas (3,0), and Jordyn McFarlane (3,1) led the Cardinals in scoring.
• Mynk Richardson-Clerk had four draw controls, three caused turnovers, one ground ball.
• Paige Nadherny, Christina Truver, and McFarlane had three ground balls.
• Adrian travels to Illinois Wesleyan on Saturday, March 25 at 3:00 p.m.