ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's hockey team cruised to a 5-0 win over Finlandia on Saturday night at Arrington Ice Arena. Five different Bulldogs scored a goal and three Adrian players finished with two points.
Final Score: Adrian 5, Finlandia 0
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Arrington Ice Arena)
Records: Adrian (16-5-1, 13-1-1 NCHA) Finlandia (3-18-1, 3-11-1 NCHA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Rose Krasofsky put Adrian on the scoreboard first with a goal at the 7:41 mark of the first period. She was assisted on the play by Brianna Buchanan and Anna Shepherd. Buchanan scored the next Bulldog goal almost seven minutes later to put the Bulldogs up 2-0. Shepherd tallied her second assist of the game on the goal.
Adrian set the pace of play in the first period as the Bulldogs recorded 21 shots on goal while holding the Lions to only two shots on goal.
Adrian tallied 30 shots on goal in the second period to hold a 51-10 advantage in shots after the second period was over. Lexi Grunden was the first scorer for the Bulldogs in the second when she scored at the 7:31 mark off assists from Kelly O'Sullivan and Kortney Diaz to increase the Adrian lead to 3-0. Brooke Schembri scored 1:08 later off assists from Kristi Zink and Olivia Fox. Abbie Grias scored her first goal of the season, on the power play, to bring the score to 5-0 with just 14 seconds left in the period.
The Bulldogs were scoreless in the third period but were able to add 16 shots on goal to put their total to 67. Adrian was 1-for-3 on power play opportunities while Finlandia didn't score on its four man-up situations.
• Krasofsky was 5-12 in faceoffs while tallying six shots and scoring once.
• Diaz had an assist and was 8-14 in the faceoff dot.
• Kate Turner (W, 15-5-1) saved all 15 shots she faced to tally her seventh shutout of the season.
• Kait Ryynanen led the Lions with six shots on goal in the losing effort.
• Natasha Kern (7-16) and Bella Abear (6-12) were the team's biggest faceoff threats.
• Annah Smiddy (L, 3-15-1) saved 46 of the 51 shots she faced.
• Sarah Gundry made 16 saves in goal on the relief effort.
These two teams will faceoff again tomorrow (Feb. 11) at 2:00 p.m., ET. The game is the final home contest for the Bulldogs in the regular season and is Senior Day.