DE PERE, Wis. - Adrian College junior Tory Harshman scored two goals to lead the Bulldogs to a 3-0 win over St. Norbert on the road on Saturday afternoon. The win completes a sweep of the Green Knights as Adrian outscored St. Norbert 4-0 for the weekend.
Final Score: Adrian 3, St. Norbert 0
Location: De Pere, Wisconsin (Resch Olympic Pavilion)
Records: Adrian (13-5-1, 10-1-1 NCHA), St. Norbert (6-10-3, 6-4-2 NCHA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Despite recording only three shots on goal in the first period, the Bulldogs took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission when Harshman scored with only three seconds remaining in the first. Kortney Diaz had the assist on the goal.
The final goal of the game was scored at 18:39 of the third period on an empty-net goal from Sydney Daversa that ensured the victory for Adrian.
• Harshman (2,0) scored her seventh and eighth goals of the season in the game.
• Daversa tallied her third goal of the year to help Adrian to the win.
• Diaz's assist was her seventh of the 2017-18 campaign.
• Shepherd recorded her first assist of the season while Zink dished her 13th.
• Kate Turner (W, 12-5-1) saved all 15 shots she faced to achieve her second consecutive shutout and fifth of the season.
• Adrian was 0-for-3 on the power play, totaled four penalties, and spent eight minutes in the box.
• St. Norbert was 0-for-4 with the man-advantage.
• Leigh Grall saved 12 of the 14 shots she faced in the losing effort.
Adrian returns home next Friday and Saturday, February 2 and 3, to host Northern Collegiate Hockey Association (NCHA) opponent Concordia Wisconsin. Friday's game has a puck drop scheduled at 7:00 p.m., ET.