EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - The Adrian College women's hockey team gave up a late goal in the third period that resulted in a 3-2 loss on the road at Wisconsin Eau Claire. Tory Harshman and Rose Krasofsky were the goal scorers for the Bulldogs in the losing effort.
Final Score: Wis.-Eau Claire 3, Adrian 2
Location: Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Records: Wis.-Eau Claire (11-5-2), Adrian (9-5-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Wis.-Eau Claire got on the board first when Erin Goodell scored at the 8:42 mark of the first period to put the Blugolds up 1-0.
The score would remain that way until the opening two minutes of the second period when Harshman scored a power-play goal off an assist from Kortney Diaz just 1:37 into the second.
Holly Turnbull gave Wis.-Eau Claire a 2-1 lead just 2:20 later when she scored on a Blugolds power play.
Wis.-Eau Claire had the advantage in shot totals, 23-10, through the first 40 minutes--15 of those shots occurred in the second period.
Both teams registered nine shots in the final period of play. Elizabeth Bauer scored the game-winner with only 10 seconds remaining in regulation to give the Blugolds the win by the slimmest of margins.
• Harshman registered two shots on goal, scoring once, to help lead the Bulldogs.
• Krasofsky tallied three shots and scored once for Adrian.
• White and Diaz each increased their season point totals with an assist.
• Kate Turner (L, 7-4-1) made 29 saves in the game.
• Bauer, Goodell, and Turnball each scored for the Blugolds.
• Four Wis.-Eau Claire players tallied an assist in the win.
• Erin Connolly (W, 9-4-2) made 17 saves.
Adrian will look to bounce back after a 0-3 start in January--the first three-game skid for the program since the 2011-12 season--when they return home to host conference opponent Lake Forest in a two-game weekend series on Friday and Saturday, January 19-20. Friday's game has a start time of 7:00 p.m., ET.