ADRIAN, Mich. – The Adrian College women's hockey team played St. Scholastica to a 1-1 tie on Friday night at Arrington Ice Arena. Jacqueline White was the lone goal scorer for the Bulldogs in the contest.
Final Score: Adrian 1, St. Scholastica 1 F/OT
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Arrington Ice Arena)
Records: Adrian (5-1-1, 3-1-1 NCHA), St. Scholastica (5-0-1, 4-0-1 NCHA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian dictated play for the opening 20-minutes but the game remained scoreless in the first period. The Bulldogs outshot St. Scholastica by a staggering 19-2 margin.
The game remained a scoreless tie through the second period. Adrian totaled 10 shots in the period for a two period total of 29 while the Saints had four shots on goal for a total of six. The Bulldogs spent 4:15 killing off three penalties in the second period—Adrian spent almost half that time two men down—but only allowed St. Scholastica one shot on goal.
Jacqueline White broke the tie at the 8:45 mark of the third period when she deflected a Shelly Czarnowczan shot to beat the goalie and put the Bulldogs up 1-0. The Saints would tie the game with a power-play goal scored with just 1:33 remaining regulation by Taylor Thompson to force an overtime period.
Both teams pressed in the overtime period in an attempt to get the game-winning goal. Adrian tallied four shots and St.Scholastica had three but both teams were denied a goal and the game resulted in a 1-1 tie.
• White (goal) and Czarnowczan (assist) each scored a point for Adrian in the game.
• Freshman goalie Kate Turner (T, 4-1-1) made 17 saves for Adrian.
• Thompson (goal) and Giorgia Battisti (assist) recorded a point for the Saints.
• Abby Sawyer led St. Scholastica with five shots on goal. Mac Johnson had four and Thompson had three.
• Lexi Thomeczek (T, 3-0-1) made a total of 47 saves for the Saints.
These two teams will meet again tomorrow at Arrington Ice Arena at 3:00 p.m