ADRIAN, Mich. - Kristin Lewicki (2,1) and Kaylyn Schroka (1,2) tallied three points in a 6-1 win over Northern Collegiate Hockey Association foe Marian on Saturday afternoon. The win puts the Bulldogs at a perfect 20-0 in the all-time series, 10-0 at Arrington Ice Arena, against the Sabres. It also extends Adrian's NCHA regular season and home unbeaten streaks to 22 games.
Final Score: Adrian 6, Marian 1
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Arrington Ice Arena)
Records: Adrian (9-1, 8-0), Marian (3-7, 2-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Period: Adrian 1, Marian 0
• Taylor Henthorne scored the second goal of her career off an assist from Anna Shepherd, her first collegiate assist, and Sarah Shureb, giving Adrian a 1-0 lead with just two and a half minutes into the game.
• The Bulldogs registered 12 shots on goal in the opening period; Marian tallied only two.
Second Period: Adrian 4, Marian 0
• Lewicki deflected Henthorne's shot to increase the Adrian lead to 2-0. Brooke Lupi recorded an assist on the goal.
• The Bulldog lead would increase twice more in the period. Lexie Tzafaroglou scored with less than five minutes off the assists from Lewicki and Schroka. The third and final goal of the period was scored by Kelly O'Sullivan. She was assisted by Sydney Smith and Schroka (second of the game), 4-0 Adrian.
• The Sabres were held to single digit shots in the second period, 6, while the Bulldogs produced 14 shots on goal for the period, putting the shot totals to 26-8 in favor of Adrian.
Third Period: Adrian 6, Marian 1
• Abbey Dokken prevented the shutout for Adrian with a goal at the 8:05 mark of the third period, 4-1.
• Lewicki scored her second goal of the game to put the Bulldogs back up by four goals, 5-1, less than one minute later.
• Kristi Zink and Lupi assisted on the final goal of the game scored by Schroka with 1:15 left to play in regulation.
• The Bulldogs edged the Sabres in shots in the third period, 16-11. Adrian won the shot battle for the game, outshooting Marian 42-19.
• Both teams spent eight minutes in the penalty box on four infractions.
• Lewicki and Schroka led the Bulldogs with three points.
• Sarah Shureb and Lupi each tallied two assists for the game.
• Jade Walsh (W, 2-0) saved 18 of the 19 shots she faced in the crease.
• Dokken tallied one goal.
• Paige Johnson had the team's lone assist.
• Alexis Peterson won 14-25 faceoffs for the Sabres.
• Adrian returns to the ice, after a month-long break for the holidays, traveling to Northfield, Vt. to participate in the East/West Classic on January 7 and 8. The Bulldogs will get a rematch with the defending Champion Plattsburgh State on day one at 1:00 p.m. Adrian will look to avenge the 5-0 loss they suffered at the hands of the Cardinals over Thanksgiving weekend at the Panther/Cardinal Classic.