MIDDLEBURY, Vt. - Freshman Kelly O'Sullivan scored the first two Adrian goals in the first period, both on the power play, to give the Bulldogs the 2-0 advantage on the way to a 4-3 victory over Utica on Sunday afternoon at the Panther/Cardinal Classic in Middlebury, vermont.
Final Score: Adrian 4, Utica 3
Location: Middlebury, Vermont
Records: Adrian (7-1), Utica (3-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Period: Adrian 2, Utica 0
• The freshman scored her second goal with less than four minutes left in the opening period, also on the power play. She was assisted on the play by captain Kaylyn Schroka and Shureb.
• The Bulldogs dictated the pace of play, outshooting the Pioneers 11-3 for the period.
Second Period: Adrian 3, Utica 2
• Utica cut the Bulldog lead to one goal, scoring two straight goals (13:29 & 18:27). The first goal came from Danielle Haasbeek. Lauren Patterson scored on a power play off the assist from teammates Gabrielle Schnepp and Meghan Power.
• The Pioneers edged the Bulldogs in shots for the second period, 9-8.
Third Period: Adrian 4, Utica 3
• Lewicki scored the first goal of the third period on the power play to extend the Bulldog advantage to two goals, 4-2 in the first two minutes of the final period. She was assisted by Schroka and Shureb (Schroka's 2nd assist and Shureb's 3rd).
• The Pioneers would strike last, scoring with 12:13 left to play in the third period to bring the score to 4-3 in favor of Adrian.
• Utica outshot Adrian for the third period, 10-6, however the Bulldogs won the overall shot total 25-22.
• Adrian was 3-7 (.429) on the power play; the Pioneers were 1-6 (.167).
• O'Sullivan had a game-high two goals. Shureb had a game-high three assists.
• Schroka finished with two assists and was 12-20 in the face-off circle.
• Smith, Zink and Lewicki each tallied one assist.
• Taylor Osowski, Patterson and Haasbeek all scored a goal for the Pioneers.
• Kendra Mac, Schnepp and Haasbeek all tallied an assist.
• Adrian returns home to continue NCHA play, hosting Marian on Friday, December 2. It will be a two-game series with the Friday night game starting at 7:00 p.m.