ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's hockey team is now 6-0 to start the 2016-17 season. The Bulldogs shutout Northern Collegiate Hockey Association opponent Finlandia 8-0 on Sunday to extend the team's winning streak over the Lions to 20 straight games. Adrian also extended its NCHA regular season and NCHA regular season home unbeaten streaks to 20 as well.
Final Score: Adrian 8, Finlandia 0
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Arrington Ice Arena)
Records: Adrian (6-0, 6-0), Finlandia (0-7, 0-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Period: Adrian 3, Finlandia 0
• Schroka's goal came just 2:29 into the period off the assist from Shelly Czarnowczan. Lupi was assisted by Taylor Henthorne and Sarah Shureb with 10:45 left to play in the period. Lewicki's goal was a power play goal with 6:16 left on the clock, she was assisted by Kelly O'Sullivan.
• Adrian set the pace for the period by keeping the puck in its offensive end and outshooting Finlandia 20-5.
Second Period: Adrian 6, Finlandia 0
• Lewicki scored her second goal of the game in the second period. Shureb and O'Sullivan followed with goals of their own. Schroka assisted on Lewicki's goal just 21 seconds into the period. Lupi and O'Sullivan assisted on Shureb's goal with 9:19 left to play in the period. Sydney Smith and Schroka (second assist) helped on the O'Sullivan goal with less than three minutes remaining in the period.
• The Bulldogs continued to dictate the pace of play in the second period, outshooting the Lions 17-4 (37-9 total for the first two periods).
Third Period: Adrian 8, Finlandia 0
• Schroka scored her second goal, a power-play goal, of the game less than four minutes into the final period. She was assisted by Lewicki.
• Rose Krasofsky would finish off the scoring for the game, putting the puck in the net with just one second left in the game. Smith was on the assist, her second of the game.
• Adrian finished with 51 shots to Finlandia's 13. The Bulldogs went 2-7 (.286) on the power play, the Lions were 0-4.
• Schroka led the Bulldogs with four points (2,2). O'Sullivan (1,2) and Lewicki (2,1) each had three points and Shureb (1,1), Lupi (1,1) and Smith (0,2) finished with two.
• Both Smith and O'Sullivan had a game-high +5.
• Schroka was 13-17 in the faceoff circle, Krasofsky was 8-14, Kortney Diaz was 9-14.
• Brooke Gibson (W, 6-0) wasn't challenged often. She saved all 13 shots she faced on the way to her second shutout of the season, sixth of her career.
• Sierra Meiners led the Lions with four shot attempts.
• Jayden Draney, Sarah Hockings, and Sara Martin each registered two shots.
• Annah Smiddy (L, 0-4) finished the day with 43 saves in between the pipes for the Lions.
• The Bulldogs will travel to Middlebury, Vermont to compete in the Panther/Cardinal Classic on Saturday, November 26-27. Adrian will face off against the defending National Champions and current No. 1 ranked Plattsburgh State on the 26th. The opening faceoff is scheduled to begin at 4:00 p.m.
• This is the first of two meetings with the Cardinals this season.