MEQUON, Wis. - The Bulldogs used four second period goals to propel them to a 6-1 win over Concordia (Wis.) on Saturday afternoon. Adrian starts the season 2-0 after a sweep of the games in opening weekend.
Final Score: Adrian 6, Concordia (Wis.) 1
Location: Mequon, Wisconsin (
Records: Adrian (2-0, 2-0), Concordia (2-3, 1-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Period: Adrian 0, Concordia 0
• Adrian tallied 13 shots on goal in the opening period, but could not get the puck in the net. The teams would go into the locker room with a scoreless game at the first intermission.
Second Period: Adrian 4, Concordia 1
• The duo would of Mitter to Lewicki would score a second time just 11 seconds later to double to Bulldog lead to 2-0.
• Concordia's Kristen Kennedy cut the Adrian lead in half on a power-play goal off assists from Veronika Metanova and Brandi Muller in the fifth minute of the period, 2-1 Adrian.
• O'Sullivan would earn her second point of the game, scoring on the power play to put Adrian up 4-1, her first career goal.
Third Period: Adrian 6, Concordia 1
• Schroka would score her second goal of the game off an assist from Courtney Tyll, a short-handed goal.
• Adrian outshot Concorida, 37-18. The Bulldogs were 1-for-8 on power plays, the Falcons were 1-for-7.
• Lewicki and Schroka led the Adrian offense with four points (two goals, two assists). Schroka had six shots on goal, Lewicki tallied five.
• Mitter had a game-high three assists. O'Sullivan had one assist and one goal to help the offensive effort. Tyll and Dalrymple each recorded one assist.
• Sydney Smith had a game-high 10 shots on goal in the contest.
• Brooke Gibson (W, 2-0) made 17 saves of the 18 shots she faced (.944 save percentage).
• Kennedy scored the Falcon's lone goal of the game.
• Metanova and Muller each had one assist.
• Ellie Woodman tallied a team-high four shots on goal.
• Goalie Christina Pattengale (L, 2-3) made 31 saves of the 37 shots on goal she faced.
• Adrian will return to Wisconsin on Friday, November 11 to face Marian. Opening puck drop scheduled for 8:00 p.m., EST.