ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's hockey team kicked off its season with an exhibition game against the Hockey Training Institute Stars on Wednesday night at Arrington Ice Arena. The game ended in a 2-2 tie, after a five-minute overtime period.
Final Score: Adrian 2, HTI Stars 2 - FINAL/OT
Location: Adrian, Mich. (Arrington Ice Arena)
Records: EXHIBITION GAME
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Period: Adrian 2, HTI 0
• Adrian outshot HTI in the first period 22-1.
Second Period: Adrian 2, HTI 1
• Dominika Laskova scored in the final minute of the second period off an assist from Daria Tereshkina to cut the Bulldog lead in half, 2-1.
• Adrian continued to outshoot the Stars, winning the second period 25-6.
Third Period: Adrian 2, HTI 2
• Laskova would score again less than three minutes into the final period of regulation to tie the game, 2-2. Alexziz Giannamore and Tereshkina were on the assist.
• The Bulldogs edged HTI in shots in the third period 14-3.
Overtime: Adrian 2, HTI 2
• The teams decided to play a five-minute overtime period.
• Each team recorded one shot, however, neither could put the puck away and the clock would reach zero to keep the score, 2-2.
• Lewicki and Krasofsky each scored for Adrian.
• Smith, Schroka, Tyll and Henthorne recorded assists.
• Schroka led the Bulldogs with 10 shots, Henthorne tallied seven shots and Maggie Mitter recorded six.
• Laskova scored both HTI goals.
• Tereshkina had a game-high two assists, Giannamore tallied one.
• Goalie, Regina Granata made 60 saves while allowing only two goals in 65 minutes of play.
• Adrian opens the regular season with a trip to face Northern Collegiate Hockey Association opponent St. Norbert on Friday, November 4 at 8:00 p.m., in a rematch of the NCHA Slaats Cup Finals from last season.