DUBUQUE, Iowa – The Adrian College men's volleyball team got back in the win column on Saturday, March 16 with a three-set victory over North Park. The Bulldogs hit exceptionally well in the match, finishing with a team percentage of .378, and never hitting below .300 in any of the sets.
Final Score: Adrian 3, North Park 0 (25-16, 25-15, 25-21)
Location: Dubuque, Iowa (Loras Athletic and Wellness Center)
Records: AC 14-10, NP 4-16
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian started out hot, winning the first five points of the match. The lead kept increasing and AC won five straight points to finish out the set, capped off by a kill from freshman Tedrick Gula.
The Bulldogs won the first four points of the second set, and continued to build on the momentum generated in the first set. AC hit better in the second than the first, .375 to .303, and continued to grow the lead again, ultimately taking the set by 10, 25-15. Set point was earned on a kill from senior Michael Burkhardt.
North Park came out with a determination to not be swept, and gave the Black and Gold some issues early on. Adrian trailed for most of the set before tying the set at 21-21. That was part of a seven-point run to close out the match, as Adrian took the set 25-21 to close out the match with a kill from senior Eduardo Aleman. The Bulldogs hit their best in the final set, connecting at a .455 clip.
• Gold led the offense with 16 kills and set a new school record for attack percentage, hitting .882 for the match.
• Junior setter Joseph Campana finished the match with 42 assists, a new school record for a three-set match.
• Junior Kevin Curley had 11 digs to lead the defense.
• Arthur Barczak led North Park's offense with 10 kills.
• Moises Zavala had 23 assists.
• Colin Wong finished with eight digs.
Adrian returns to action with a road trip to Trine next Friday, March 22 for MCVL play. The Bulldogs beat the Thunder 3-1 in non-conference play earlier this year.
#GoBulldogs | #ACMV | #Culture19 | #BulldogBall