HIRAM, OHIO -- The Adrian College men's volleyball team fell to Juniata in three straight sets in the team's first match of the Hiram Invitational on Friday night. Noah Marcinkowski (Menifee, Calif.) led the Bulldogs with nine kills and six digs in the losing effort.
Final Score: Juniata 3, Adrian 0 (25-15, 25-23, 25-16)
Location: Hiram, Ohio (Price Gymnasium)
Records: Juniata (14-12), Adrian (6-13)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian had a negative hitting percentage in both set one and three as the team was toppled by Juniata 3-0. The Bulldogs highest hitting percentage (.200) happened in the second set and was the one set of the evening that Adrian almost pulled out a win, losing 25-23.
The Eagles had double-digit kills in each set (14,16,16) as well as a match-high .345 hitting percentage that propelled them to the win.
• Marcinkowski led the team in kills (9) and digs (6) while also finishing with one block.
• Joseph Campana (Los Angeles, Calif.) paced Adrian with 22 assists in the match. He also contributed on defense with three digs and a block.
• Eduardo Aleman (Chicago, Ill.) had a team-high .500 hitting percentage with two kills. He also had the third-most digs with four.
• Joe Fick led the Eagles with nine kills. He also had six digs.
• Matt Schaeffer led the team in assists (40) and digs (9).
• Mahton Bender finished with eight kills and a team-high six blocks (2 solos, 4 assists).
Adrian will continue the Hiram Invitational with two matches tomorrow. The Bulldogs will play Illinois Tech at 10:00 a.m.m ET, to start the day before wrapping up with a match against the host, Hiram at 4:00 p.m., ET.