ADRIAN, MICH. -- The Adrian College men's volleyball team suffered a 3-0 loss at the hands of Wittenberg on Saturday. Noah Marcinkowski (Menifee, Calif.) led the Bulldogs with 10 kills in the losing effort.
Final Score: Wittenberg 3, Adrian 0 (25-16, 25-15, 25-21)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Merillat Sports and Fitness Center)
Records: Wittenberg (14-8, 4-2 MCVL), Adrian (5-11, 1-5 MCVL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Tigers jumped out to an 8-1 lead in the first set before taking the 1-0 lead after a 25-16 win in the opening set. The team hit .375 in the set while holding the Bulldogs to only a .042 team hitting percentage.
Wittenberg tallied a match-high .778 hitting percentage to take a 2-0 lead following a 25-15 win in set two. Despite the lopsided score in the second set, Adrian hit a team match-high .235.
The Bulldogs let a 20-18 lead slip away in the third set, as Adrian was unable to extend the contest as the Tigers were able to rally back and win a close on in the third, 25-21, to take the match.
• Marcinkowski finished with 10 kills, one service ace, and three digs in the match.
• Michael Burkhardt (Whitehall, Pa.) tallied five kills, one ace, and two blocks in the losing effort.
• Joseph Campana (Los Angeles, Calif.) tied a season-low in assists with 22.
• Kevin Curley (Zion, Ill.) led the team with eight digs while also tallying four blocks.
• Avery Johnson (Bolingbrook, Ill.) led the Bulldogs with four blocks.
• Mason Moldovan and Ashton Sellers led the Tigers with 12 and 11 kills respectively.
• Noah Wissel paced the attack with 23 assists.
• Isaiah Brock had a match-high five service aces.
Adrian will stay at home and host Loras in an MCVL match on Friday, March 23, 2018. The match is scheduled to start at 7:00 p.m., ET. The game is the third of a four-game homestand.