ALMA, Mich. - Jordan Miller scored in the first half to propel the Adrian College men's soccer team to a 1-0 win over Alma to improve to 7-3-2 in conference play.
Final Score: Adrian 1, Alma 0
Location: Alma, Michigan (Scotland Yard)
Records: Adrian (8-5-2, 7-3-2 MIAA), Alma (2-10-3, 2-7-2 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Bulldogs held Alma to only four shot attempts in the first half, one of which was on goal and saved by Adrian keeper Spencer Brown (W, 5-2-2), and kept the Scots scoreless in the first.
Adrian continued to pressure the Alma defense in the second half, but the Alma defense prevented an insurance score by the Bulldogs. Much like the first half, Adrian only allowed the Scots to have one shot on goal in the second in the shutout.
• Miller tallied his second game-winning goal this season with his score in the first half. He also led Adrian with three shot attempts, two of which were on net.
• Tad Davis also tallied three shot attempts, one on goal.
• Brown saved both shots he faced on the way to his second shutout win of the season.
• Kyle Costigan and Kyle Farmer each had one shot on goal for the Scots.
• Garrison Mast (L, 2-11-3) made five saves in the losing effort.
• Brian Ganton led Alma with two shot attempts.
The Bulldogs will host Trine on Wednesday, October 25 at 7:00 p.m., ET, for senior night at Docking Stadium.