ANGOLA, Ind. - The Adrian College men's soccer team suffered a slight setback at Trine on Saturday afternoon, losing 1-0 to the Thunder. Spencer Brown (L, 1-1-1) saved six of the seven shots he faced in the losing effort.
Final Score: Trine 1, Adrian 0
Location: Angola, Indiana (Weaver Field)
Records: Trine (4-2-3, 2-2-2 MIAA), Adrian (4-4-1, 3-2-1 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The teams played to a draw through the first half. The Bulldogs held a 5-4 advantage in shot attempts. Both teams registered two shots on goal.
The Thunder broke the tie in the second half when Mason Pelphrey scored off a corner kick by teammate Bill Wilson in the 63rd minute. That goal would end up being the game-winner for Trine.
The Thunder finished the game with a 13-10 advantage in shot attempts and a 7-5 nod in shots on goal. Adrian would gain the 5-4 edge in corner kicks for the game.
• Miller led all Adrian players with three shot attempts on the day.
• Pelphrey scored a goal to lead Trine with two points.
• Wilson tallied the only assist for the Thunder.
• Both Wilson and Pelphrey had a game-high three shots on goal.
• Keeper Connor Werschem (W, 3-0) saved all five shots he faced.
The Bulldogs will stay on the road for game two of a three-game road trip, traveling to face Hope on Tuesday, October 3. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m., ET.