ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College men's soccer team tied 1-1 against Alma at Docking Stadium on Wednesday night. Jordan Miller scored the first goal of the game for the Bulldogs in the 23rd minute.
Final Score: Adrian 1, Alma 1 - Final/2OT
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Docking Stadium)
Records: Adrian (4-3-1, 3-1-1 MIAA), Alma (0-6-3, 0-3-1 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian scored first in the 23rd minute of the game when Tad Davis dished a perfect through pass to Miller who was able to put the ball past the Alma keeper, Garrison Mast, and give the Bulldogs an early 1-0 lead. The score would stand at 1-0 going into the half. Adrian held a 9-6 advantage in shots and a 2-1 edge in shots on goal.
The Scots would rally back on a goal from Noah Canlas who booted the ball 20-yards and scored in the top left of the net in the 69th minute. Both teams continued to press, but neither was able to score the game-winner in regulation.
Adrian had the best chance to win the game in the first overtime when Zach Roller shot from the top of the box, but Mast was able to make the save and keep the game going. That was the only shot on goal for the first overtime period.
The Bulldogs also had the only chance in the final overtime when Dolan Bonkowski shot from the right wing but Mast was again able to make the stop and preserve the 1-1 tie.
• Miller scored his second goal of the season to put the Bulldogs up 1-0 in the opening half. That score brings his season point total to five (second-most on the team).
• Davis tallied his second assist of the year on the opening goal. His season point total of six leads all Bulldogs.
• Bonkowski and Roller each tallied two shots on goal on the night.
• Canlas scored the only goal for the Scots. He also led the team in shot attempts with two.
• Tanner Parrett was the only other Alma player to register a shot on goal.
• Mast (T, 0-6-3) saved seven of the eight shots he faced in net.
Adrian will travel to Angola, Ind., on Saturday to face Trine in MIAA action. Kickoff is scheduled for 2:00 p.m., ET.