|Team:||Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL)|
Entering the Season: Postseason awards candidate...two-year Bulldogs captain in vote by his teammates and coaching staff...in three seasons at Adrian, Thompson has racked up 94 points (45g, 49a) in just 75 career games for an average of 1.40 points a game, which is seventh in AC history...he should become the 14th Bulldog skater to surpass 100 career points...
2016-17 (Junior Year):
- Injuries cut short his third season but still totaled 14 points in 18 appearances.
- Had two assists before leaving Adrian's 6-3 win over Marian with an injury.
- Missed Nov. 19 through Jan. 14 dates, and returned to the lineup on Jan. 20.
- Ended the campaign with five goals and two assists in the final six contests.
- Named to the All-Northern Collegiate Hockey Association Tournament Team, after winning 21 of 34 face-offs and scoring a goal.
2015-16 (Sophomore Year):
- Notched 16+21=37 scoring totals en route to All-NCHA honors.
- Tabbed to the D3hockey.com All-West Region Third Team.
- Served as an alternate captain.
- Listed third in conference scoring and was 15th nationally with 1.28 points per game, which led all sophomores in NCAA Division III.
- Tied for the team lead with 16 goals.
- Had three power-play goals and four game-winners on the season.
- In 20 league games, he scored 13 goals and 31 assists.
- Recognized on the inaugural D3hockey.com Team of the Week on Nov. 10 and made it again on Jan. 20.
- Pathfinder Bank Classic tournament MVP after leading AC to convincing wins over nationally-ranked foes Classic host Oswego State and Williams College.
2014-15 (Freshman Year):
- Named to the USCHO.com All-Rookie Team as well as to the NCHA All-Freshmen Team.
- Racked up 23 goals and 20 assists for 43 points in 28 games.
- Ranked sixth in NCAA Division III scoring with 1.54 points per game.
- Named to the Harris Cup All-Tournament Team after notching 7 points (5g, 2a) and plus-4 rating during the NCHA Playoffs.
- In his Bulldogs debut, assisted on two goals, had four shots and a plus-2 rating in 9-2 win over Northland in the season opener.
- Began collegiate career with a nine-game point-scoring streak that included eight goals and eight assists over that span.
- Held scoreless in just three contests.
- Recorded first career AC hat trick in a 6-3 loss to Wisconsin-Stevens Point on Nov. 29.
- Registered another three-goal effort among a career-best four points on Feb. 6 at Lawrence, a 6-1 triumph.
- Chosen the NCHA Offensive Player of the Week on Nov. 25 after posting two goals and three assists in a pair of victories over nationally-ranked opponents on the road.
- Collected a plus-24 rating.
- Scored seven power-play goals and credited with four game-winning tallies.
Prior to Adrian College:
- Played for Trenton Golden Hawks of the Ontario Junior Hockey League during the 2013-14 season.
- Played in 35 games and collected 13 goals and 30 assists, and 12 playoff games (2g, 3a)...
- Team finished with 34 wins and 70 points losing in second round of playoffs.
- Played 63 games for the Orangeville Flyers of the OJHL, scoring eight goals in 20 games in 2013-14 before moving to Trenton.
- Also spent 2012-13 season with Orangeville scoring 15 goals and adding 19 assists in 43 games.
- Majoring in sports management.
- Born in Brampton, Ontario, on October 17, 1993, and is the son of Mark and Anna Thompson.
- Attended St. Thomas Aquinas Secondary School, graduating in 2011, playing hockey and soccer; graduated as an Ontario Scholar.
- Would like to pursue professional hockey after graduation.
- Favorite sports teams are the Philadelphia Flyers, Philadelphia Eagles and Toronto Blue Jays...favorite athlete is Claude Giroux...favorite TV shows are The League and The Big Bang Theory...favorite movies are Step Brothers and 21 Jump Street...favorite musicians are Lee Brice and Florida Georgia Line.
|Feb 10||Concordia (Wis.)||W, 4-1|
|Feb 16||MSOE||W, 3-2|
|Feb 17||MSOE||W, 6-3|
|Feb 24||Lake Forest||W, 9-0|
|Mar 3||St. Norbert||L, 2-1|
|Mar 17||Wis.-Stevens Point||L, 5-2|
|Empty net goals||0||0|
|Oct 22||Adrian||T, 0-0||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Oct 28||USNTDP U-18||L, 4-2||-||0||0||0||0||-2||0||0||0||0||0||2|
|Nov 3||at Lawrence||W, 5-1||-||1||0||1||0||+0||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|Nov 4||at Marian (Wis.)||W, 5-0||1||0||0||0||0||+0||0||0||0||0||0||1|
|Nov 10||at Finlandia||W, 10-1||-||3||2||5||0||+3||2||0||0||1||0||4|
|Nov 11||at St. Norbert||L, 4-3||-||1||0||1||0||+0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Nov 17||at Trine||W, 6-3||1||1||0||1||0||-1||1||0||0||1||0||4|
|Nov 18||Trine||W, 8-1||-||1||2||3||0||+1||0||0||0||0||0||7|
|Nov 22||at USNTDP U-18||L, 2-1||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Nov 25||Trine||W, 3-1||-||0||0||0||0||+0||0||0||0||0||0||1|
|Dec 1||St. Scholastica||W, 4-1||-||0||0||0||0||+0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Dec 2||Northland||W, 3-0||-||0||0||0||0||+0||0||0||0||0||0||3|
|Dec 12||at Wis.-Stevens Point||L, 3-2||-||0||0||0||0||+0||0||0||0||0||0||3|
|Dec 13||at Wis.-Stevens Point||L, 4-1||1||0||0||0||2||-2||0||0||0||0||0||2|
|Dec 29||vs. Salve Regina||L, 6-2||1||0||0||0||0||-1||0||0||0||0||0||3|
|Dec 30||vs. Williams||W, 4-0||-||0||0||0||10||+2||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Jan 2||at Trinity (Conn.)||W, 4-1||1||2||0||2||2||+0||2||0||0||1||0||6|
|Jan 6||Utica||W, 2-1||1||1||0||1||0||+1||1||0||0||1||0||6|
|Jan 12||Lake Forest||W, 5-2||1||0||2||2||2||+3||0||0||0||0||0||3|
|Jan 13||Aurora||W, 6-1||-||0||2||2||0||+1||0||0||0||0||0||1|
|Jan 19||at MSOE||W, 3-1||-||1||1||2||0||+2||0||0||0||0||0||5|
|Jan 20||at Concordia (Wis.)||W, 5-2||-||0||1||1||2||+2||0||0||0||0||0||3|
|Jan 26||St. Norbert||W, 3-2||1||0||0||0||0||-1||0||0||0||0||0||1|
|Jan 27||Finlandia||W, 7-1||-||1||0||1||0||+1||0||0||0||0||0||2|
|Feb 2||at Lake Forest||W, 2-1||-||0||1||1||4||-1||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Feb 3||at Aurora||W, 7-4||1||1||1||2||0||+0||0||0||0||0||0||3|
|Feb 9||MSOE||W, 6-0||-||1||0||1||0||+2||0||1||0||0||0||2|
|Feb 10||Concordia (Wis.)||W, 4-1||-||0||0||0||0||+0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Feb 16||MSOE||W, 3-2||-||0||1||1||0||+1||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Feb 17||MSOE||W, 6-3||-||0||2||2||0||+3||0||0||0||0||0||1|
|Feb 24||Lake Forest||W, 9-0||-||1||2||3||0||+4||1||0||0||0||0||2|
|Mar 3||St. Norbert||L, 2-1||1||1||0||1||0||+0||0||0||0||0||0||4|
|Mar 17||Wis.-Stevens Point||L, 5-2||-||0||1||1||0||-1||0||0||0||0||0||2|