ANGOLA, Ind. – The Adrian College men's basketball team lost its first game of the St. Andrews Products Classic to Heidelberg 82-73 in overtime on Friday, Dec. 21. It was the Bulldogs' first overtime game of the season.
Final Score: Heidelberg 82, Adrian 73 (OT)
Location: Angola, Ind. (MTI Center)
Records: Adrian 3-5, Heidelberg 3-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian controlled the first half, creating a 13-point lead in the opening period. Sophomore guard Jordan Harris was the difference maker in the first, scoring 17 of the Bulldogs' 40 points, and adding three assists. Junior forward Ke'Shaun Wyatt-Morris continued his dominance on the boards, collecting nine rebounds in the first 20 minutes as AC took a 10-point, 40-30 lead into the break.
The lead wouldn't last in the second half, as Heidelberg came back and tied the game with under eight minutes remaining in regulation. The final minutes were back-and-forth, with the largest lead in that span being four-points. Neither team could pull away with a lead when the buzzer sounded, sending the Bulldogs to overtime for the first time this season.
It was all Heidelberg in the overtime period, as it extended a 10-point advantage of its own late in the extra frame, finishing the game with an 82-73 victory over the Black and Gold. The shorthanded Bulldogs were hindered late in the game by foul trouble, with three players fouling out before the game was finished.
• Harris led the Bulldogs' offense with 26 points and four assists before fouling out.
• Junior guard Tre'Shon Heard finished with 15 points and tied for the team lead with two steals.
• Wyatt-Morris finished with an impressive 14 rebounds and contributed eight points on offense.
• Myron Prewitt led Heidelberg with 24 points and 12 rebounds.
• Curt Jacobs was second in scoring for The Berg, finishing with 20 points.
The Bulldogs wrap-up the St. Andrews Products Classic tomorrow with a 1 p.m. game against Spalding.