ADRIAN, Mich. - The Bulldogs suffered their first loss under first-year head coach Kyle Lindsay at crosstown rival Siena Heights, 78-59. The Saints reclaim the Milk Jug Trophy after Adrian kept it for the previous year.
Final Score: Siena Heights 78, Adrian 59
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (4-2), Adrian (2-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Siena Heights 37, Adrian 26
• The Bulldogs jumped out to a quick 5-0 lead after a three point jumper by DaVonte Harris. Siena Heights would score the next four points to bring the score within one point, 5-4, with 15:52 left on in the half. Adrian would score four more points to build the lead back to five points, 9-6.
• The Bulldogs would build their largest lead of the game, 13-6, at the 12:46 mark of the first half before the Saints would use an 8:14, 26-4 run to take a commanding lead, 31-17.
• Siena Heights would take a 37-26 lead into the locker room at halftime.
• Adrian shot 11-26 (42.3%) from the floor, 2-6 (33.3%) from three and 2-4 (50%) from the free throw line in the first half; the Saints shot 12-28 (42.9%), 3-7 (42.9%) and 10-10 (100%).
Second Half: Siena Heights 78, Adrian 59
• The Bulldogs were able to cut the Saints lead to single digits multiple times in the second half but were unable to get the game any closer than eight points.
• Adrian finished the game shooting 22-59 (37.3%) from the floor, 4-17 (23.5%) from three and 11-20 (55%) from the charity stripe; Siena was 26-58 (44.8%), 7-16 (43.8%) and 19-21 (90.5%).
• The Bulldogs finished with 18 turnovers to give the Saints 21 points off turnovers. Adrian also lost rebounding, 41-33 and allowed Siena Heights 12 second chance points.
• Harris (15 points) and Justin Webster (14) were the leading scorers for the Bulldogs. Harris shot 5-18 from the floor, 3-12 from three and 2-2 from the line and tied for a team-high six rebounds. Webster was 4-11 and 1-2.
• Chris Pearl (22), Tony Jackson (13) and Jerrell Martin (10) led the Saints in scoring.
• Martin recorded a game-high seven rebounds. Pearl had four steals and three rebounds.
• Adrian travels to North Park on Saturday, November 26. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.