With the 2019-20 academic year, Brian Thill is entering his fourth year as the head coach for the Adrian College men’s and women’s cross country and track and field teams.
Under his watch, the Bulldogs have compiled a total of eight NCAA All-American performances, eight MIAA indoor track and field champions, 11 MIAA Field Day champions, and multiple conference athlete of the week honors. The teams also has broken 13 indoor school records and seven outdoor records along with setting three conference indoor meet records.
• Seven NCAA All-American performances in 2019: indoor men's high jump (Nicholas Jackson), 60-meter hurdles (Jordan Davis), 200-meter dash (Randy Fry), outdoor 100-meter dash (Fry), 200-meter dash (Fry), 4x100 relay (Denzel Tinsley, Marcus Higginbottom, Davis, Fry), high jump (Daz Lawrence, Jackson) women's javelin throw (Britney Carnagie). Every athlete that qualified for the NCAA Championships earned All-American status.
• 2018 NCAA All-Americans: outdoor men's 4x100 meter relay team of Donovan Ervin, Marcus Higginbottom, Jordan Davis and Randy Fry.
• 17 U.S. Outdoor Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (UTFCCCA) All-Region selections
• Eight MIAA indoor track and field event champions: men’s 60-meter hurdles (three times), men’s high jump (twice), men's and women’s 60-meter dash, men's 200-meter dash, and women's long jump.
• 11 MIAA Field Day event champions: MEN'S--110-meter hurdles (three times), 4x100m relay, high jump (twice), triple jump; WOMEN'S--4x100m relay, 400m dash, 4x400m relay, javelin
• Four MIAA indoor meet records: Jordan Davis (60-meter hurdles, 8.03 seconds; men’s high jump, 1.98 meters); Randy Fry (60-meter dash, 6.85; 200-meter dash 22.31).
• Adrian College indoor track and field records set under Thill: Jordan Davis, men’s 60-meter hurdles (8.03 seconds); Randy Fry, men's 60m dash (6.85 seconds), 200-meter dash (21.99 seconds); Nicholas Jackson, men's high jump (6-8); Donovan Ervin, Derek Plitt, Jordan Davis, Randy Fry, men's 800-meter relay (1:30.40); John Hamilton, men’s triple jump (44-0 1/2); Rayona Hart-Wilson, women's triple jump (35-3/4), women's long jump (17-6 3/4); Taylor Sinclair, women's 200-meter dash (26.35 seconds); Takiyah Smith, women’s 60-meter hurdles (9.24 seconds); Natalie Modes, women’s long jump (17-4 1/4); Rachel Dolphin, Rayona Hart-Wilson, Natalie Modes and Alonia Slappy, women’s 800-meter relay (1:47.68); Brandi Kroll, Kallee Reiff, Rayona Hart-Wilson and Clauna Duclos, women’s 1600-meter relay (4:05.98).
• Adrian College outdoor track and field records set under Thill: Randy Fry, men’s 100-meter dash (10.54 seconds), 200-meter dash (21.38 seconds); Donovan Ervin, Marcus Higginbottom, Jordan Davis, Randy Fry, men's 400-meter relay (40.86 seconds); Rayona Hart-Wilson, women's long jump (18-3 1/4); Britney Carnagie, women's javelin throw (138-10); Rayona Hart-Wilson, Dakota Morgan, Natalie Modes, and Rachel Dolphin, women’s 400-meter relay (48.68); Brandi Kroll, Taylor Sinclair, Rayona Hart-Wilson, Clauna Duclos, women's 1600-meter relay (4:02.59).
PRIOR TO ADRIAN
• Worked at Defiance College as a graduate assistant coach for two seasons. As a Yellow Jackets assistant, Thill was the technical coach in jumps, sprints, and hurdles.
• In 2015, the Defiance men’s cross country team earned All-Academic Team distinction from the USTFCCCA.
• Prior to coaching at Defiance, Thill was an assistant coach at his alma mater UW-Stevens Point, for the 2013-14 track and field season. He helped coach two national qualifiers and an indoor All-American long jumper at the NCAA Division III Championships.
• During his collegiate career with the Pointers, Thill was a three-time multi-event All-American.
• He graduated from Wisconsin-Stevens Point with his bachelor’s degree in dietetics. He received a master of arts in education from Defiance College.
• USA Track & Field Level 1 Coaching Education Certification.