HANOVER, IND. -- The Adrian College men's and women's track and field teams began the outdoor season at the Hanover Invitational. The women finished fifth out of 12 teams with 85 points; the men were second out of 12 teams with 120 points.
Rayona Hart-Wilson led the women's team by winning the long jump with a personal best 5.17-meter jump. She also tallied a fifth-place finish in the 100-meter dash with a time of 13.40, and a ninth-place finish in the 200-meter dash with a time of 27.98. She was also a member of the winning 4x400 relay team and the third-place 4x100 relay team.
Jordan Davis won the 110-meter hurdles with a 15.24 finish and a second-place result in the long jump with a 6.26-meter jump. He was also a member of the 4x100 and 4x400 relay teams that won each event respectively.
OTHER TOP FINISHES
• Taylor Sinclair had a great debut for the Bulldogs as she finished third in both the 100-meter dash (13.30) and 200-meter dash (27.36).
• Brandi Kroll finished the 200-meter dash in fifth with a time of 27.65.
• Olivia Vasiloff won the 5,000-meter run with a personal-best time of 18:41.05.
• Britney Carnagie won the javelin throw with a 36.35 meter best throw. She also was second in the 100-meter hurdles (17.09) and a ninth-place finish in the long jump (4.53m).
• Arielle Hitch recorded a seventh-place finish in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 18.55.
• Sydney McGraw was the third Bulldog to finish in the top-10 in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 18.66.
• Tory Harshman made her Adrian debut by finishing 10th in the javelin throw with a 24.97-meter throw.
• Randy Fry won the 200-meter dash with a time of 22.88. He also finished second in the 100-meter dash with a time of 11.15.
• Marcus Higginbottom placed ninth in the 100-meter dash with a time of 11.59.
• Idris Daranijoh was fourth in the long jump (6.17 meters) and sixth in the 200-meter dash (23.34).
• Daniel Knapp finished the 400-meter run in 51.72 for a sixth-place finish. He was eighth in the 200-meter dash with a time of 23.58.
• Josh Pascoe-Davison had two top-10 finishes in individual events (200-meter dash - 10th, 23.64 & 400-meter run - 8th, 52.09). He was also a member of the winning 4x400 meter relay team.
• Denzel Tinsley finished second in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 15.55.
• Gabe Lopez recorded a time of 1:00.70 in the 400-meter hurdles for a ninth-place finish.
• David Frey completed the steeplechase in fifth with a time of 10:39.25.
• Dazmond Lawrence won the high jump with a best jump of 1.95 meters.
• Nicholas Jackson was third in the high jump, clearing 1.90 meters.
• John Hamilton won the triple jump with a best jump of 13.14 meters, a personal best. He was also fourth in the high jump by clearing 1.90 meter.
• Kevon Spence finished second in the triple jump with a personal best 12.86-meter jump.
Adrian will travel to Upland, Indiana next weekend to compete in The George Glass Invitational on Saturday, April 7.