Dear Student-Athlete and Parent(s)/Guardian(s):
On behalf of the Adrian College Athletic Training Department we would like to welcome you to Adrian College. The Sports Medicine Team is made up of a team physician, team orthopedic physician, five certified athletic trainers, and the student health center staff. The Athletic Training Department at Adrian College exists to provide student-athletes with an opportunity to participate in intercollegiate athletics in the safest and healthiest manner possible.
In order for you, the student-athlete, to compete in intercollegiate athletics at Adrian College all of the necessary paperwork must be completed online through Magnus Health Systems each year. YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL VIA YOUR ADRIAN.EDU ADDRESS AFTER MAY 1st WITH DIRECTIONS TO COMPLETE THE NECESSARY PAPERWORK. The following is a brief description of what will need to be done.
1. Physical Examination: Completed by your family physician on the form provided on Magnus Health Systems.
2. Medical History: A thorough medical history will be taken online through Magnus Health Systems
3. FRONT and BACK Copy of your primary insurance card: Uploaded onto the Magnus Health Systems database
4. Sickle Cell Trait Status Confirmation: The NCAA now requires that all Division III athletes complete a sickle cell trait status confirmation form. Please review the enclosed information sheet and have your physician complete the status form during your physical examination as provided by Magnus Health Systems.
5. Electronincally Signed Documents: A variety of forms must be signed on Magnus Health Systems (i.e. Assumption of Risk and Statement and Consent to Treat)
It is essential that all information provided on the Magnus Health Systems database is accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge. Should you have any issues or questions while completing your student athlete profile, please contact one of the athletic training staff listed below via email. All information must be completed by August 1st. Any delay in receiving the student athlete information may cause a delay in your participation upon your arrival to Adrian College.
ADD/ADHD Reporting Form (PDF)
Concussion Fact Sheet (PDF)