CHICAGO--Adrian College Athletics has been named one of best schools in the U.S. for student-athletes, according to Next College Student Athlete (NCSA), the country’s largest and most successful college athletic recruiting network.
This ranking corroborates the notion that Adrian offers excellence in a broad-based intercollegiate athletics program as the institution annually rates in the top 25 percent of all NCAA Division III that comprises almost 450 schools, according to finish in NCAA Championships competition.
The Bulldogs were recognized in the following areas among the 2018 NCSA Power Rankings:
- #6 Best Women's Wrestling Program among all U.S. colleges and universities
- #32 Best Women's Ice Hockey Program among all NCAA D3 schools
- #37 Best Men’s Ice Hockey Program among all NCAA D3 schools
- #40 Best Men's Volleyball Program among all NCAA D3 schools
- #43 Best Women's Rowing Program among all NCAA D3 schools
- #48 Best Men's Wrestling Program among all NCAA D3 schools
- #64 Best Women's Ice Hockey Program among all U.S. colleges and universities
- #70 Best Men's Volleyball Program among all U.S. colleges and universities
- #94 Best Men's Ice Hockey among all U.S. colleges and universities
NCSA Power Rankings offer a comprehensive analysis of the top NCAA and NAIA programs across the country. Colleges and universities are ranked overall and broken out by division and sport into the Top 50 or Top 100 schools for 2018.
For the first time, NCSA Power Rankings were calculated using proprietary NCSA Favorites data representing the schools chosen by the over 2 million student-athletes on the NCSA network.
Additionally, rankings are determined by general academic rankings based off of U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges as well as IPEDS graduation rate rankings.
“At NCSA, we believe the most important part of the recruiting process is finding the right college fit for each student-athlete,” said NCSA President Lisa Strasman. “Being a collegiate student-athlete is about more than sports, it is also about getting a degree that will set you up for success later in life. The NCSA Power Rankings are a valuable tool that can help student-athletes find exactly what they’re looking for in a school.”
Adrian director of athletics Michael Duffy added: "It is good to know that hard work and college support can give students another extra curricular opportunity. These rankings also reflect the dedicated efforts of the entire campus community--from Admissions, to professors and instructors, to Academic Services Office, to College leadership and, of course, my coaching staff--to make Adrian an attractive choice to continue educational and athletics pursuits in a competitive higher-education marketplace."
NCSA Power Rankings were first developed over a decade ago to help student-athletes and their families narrow their college search and find the right school to achieve academic and athletic success.
#AdrianBulldogs #GoDawgs #BulldogProud