KALAMAZOO, Mich. – The Adrian College women's volleyball team's regular season ended on Saturday, Oct. 27 in a 3-1 road loss to Kalamazoo. The Bulldogs made the MIAA Tournament via tie-break and will play Alma next week.
Final Score: Kalamazoo 3, Adrian 1 (23-25, 25-22, 25-20, 22-25)
Location: Kalamazoo, Mich. (Anderson Athletic Center)
Records: Adrian 9-15 (2-6 MIAA), Kalamazoo 5-23 (1-7 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian was able to take the first set in a back-and-forth affair. The largest lead of the set was a five-point lead by the Bulldogs, who were able to hold on for a 25-23 opening set win.
Kalamazoo took the second set in an even tighter contest, with the largest lead of the set being three, as the Hornets won 25-22. Adrian had the lead for most of the third set, but Kalamazoo fought back and won six straight points to take the set 25-20. The Hornets then controlled the fourth set, never trailing on the way to a 25-22 set victory for the 3-1 match win.
• Senior Olivia Welch led the Bulldogs in kills with 16 and contributed 20 digs.
• Sophomore Liz Susitko led Adrian in assists with 15.
• Junior Megan Prsa led the Black and Gold's defense with 26 digs and was second in assists with six.
• Rachel Girard led the Kalamazoo offense with 15 kills.
• Zoey Ammon led the Hornets in assists with 28.
• The Kalamazoo defense was led by Kelly Nickelson and Girard with 26 and 24 digs, respectively.
The Bulldogs are in the MIAA Tournament as the No. 6-seed and will travel to Alma on Tuesday, Oct. 30 for a first round matchup with the Scots at 7 p.m.
#GoBulldogs | #BulldogProud | #GoDawgs