ADRIAN, Mich. – The Adrian College women's volleyball team fell to 2-2 in conference play this year after losing 3-1 at Olivet on Saturday, Oct. 6.
Final Score: Olivet 3, Adrian 1 (25-12, 25-23, 22-25, 27-25)
Location: Olivet, Mich. (Cutler Event Center)
Records: Adrian 9-9 (2-2 MIAA), Olivet 12-10 (2-3 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Olivet was all over the Bulldogs in the first set, jumping out to an 8-0 lead. The Comets' lead would not shrink below five for the rest of the set as they took a 1-0 lead in the match after winning the set 25-12.
The rest of the match was much closer, with two sets being decided by two points and the other by three. Olivet was able to double their lead in the second set, winning 25-23. The Bulldogs would end up taking the third to get on the board, winning 25-22. The Black and Gold had a chance to win the fourth set, being up 24-20, but the Comets fought back and took the set 27-25, and the match 3-1.
• Sophomore Alex Tobler led the Bulldogs' offense for the second straight match, finishing with 18 kills. Tobler was also second in digs with 22.
• Sophomore Liz Susitko was Adrian's leader in assists, compiling 40 in the match
• Senior Olivia Welch led the Black and Gold's defense with 25 digs.
• Brittney Prince led the Olivet offense with 24 kills.
• Madelyn Notenbaum led the Comets in assists with 35.
• The Olivet defense was led by Drue Mullin and Gabrielle Mundt with 27 and 26 kills, respectively.
The Bulldogs return home to host Alma on Wednesday, Oct. 10 with first serve scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
#GoBulldogs | #BulldogProud | #GoDawgs