HOLLAND, Mich. - The Adrian College women's volleyball team tied Hope after winning the second set before falling 3-1 to the Flying Dutch on Wednesday night. Jenai White led the Bulldog attack with 15 kills in the losing effort.
Final Score: Hope 3, Adrian 1 (25-21, 22-25, 25-16, 25-18)
Location: Holland, Michigan (DeVos Fieldhouse)
Records: Hope (13-6, 9-2 MIAA), Adrian (4-15, 4-7 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Hope's largest lead was four as the score remained close throughout the opening set as the Flying Dutch took a quick 1-0 lead.
Adrian would rally in the second set, scoring five straight points to take an 11-4 lead before tying the set score at one game apiece with a 25-22 set two win.
Hope was able to build a 10-point lead in the third before gaining the 2-1 advantage with a 25-16, victory in set three.
With the score tied at 17 in set four, the Flying Dutch scored eight of the final nine points to close out the match with a 25-18 set win.
• White tallied four digs and one block assist along with her team-high 15 kills.
• Liz Susitko set up the attack with 32 assists in the match. She also contributed with four kills and 11 digs.
• Haley Ashton led the Adrian defense with 15 digs.
• Haley Mellon contributed on both offense and defense with three assists and 13 digs.
• Alex Tobler recorded eight kills, two assists, and two digs for the Bulldogs.
• Grace Ditzenberger led Hope with a match-high 18 kills.
• Haley Muller (13), Paige Baker (12), and Katie Rietberg (10) each tallied double-digit kill totals.
• Sophie Hackett paced the Flying Dutch attack with 52 assists. She also tallied 13 digs.
• Mallory Luke and Jenna VanderLaan led the defense with 18 and 16 digs respectively.
The Bulldogs will return to Hope on Friday to participate in the Midwest Invitational tournament. The Bulldogs will play against Ohio Wesleyan on Friday, October 13 at 4:30 p.m., ET.