DELAWARE, Ohio - The Adrian College women's volleyball team finished the Bishop Invitational on Saturday afternoon. The Bulldogs lost the first match to Kenyon 3-1 and host, Ohio Wesleyan 3-0 to finish 0-4 on the weekend. Freshman setter Liz Susitko was the lone Bulldog representative to be named to the Bishop Invitational All-Tournament team after totaling 53 assists on day one and 58 assists on day two for a weekend total of 111.
Final Score: Kenyon 3, Adrian 1 (16-25, 25-23, 25-16, 25-18) / Ohio Wesleyan 3, Adrian 0 (25-17, 25-20, 25-19)
Location: Delaware, Ohio (Branch Rickey)
Record: Adrian (2-10)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian took a 25-16 decision in the opening set against Kenyon after hitting a match-high .375 as a team. The Lords rallied to win the next three sets to earn a 3-1 match victory over the Bulldogs. Freshman Grace Welch (Vicksburg, Mich.) led the Adrian attack in the match with 15 kills. Susitko tallied 36 assists to pace the Bulldog offense. Senior Haley Mellon (Adrian, Mich.) anchored the defense with 29 digs.
Adrian finished the day with a match against the host school, Ohio Wesleyan. The Battling Bishops defeated the Bulldogs in three straight sets. Grace Welch led the attack again, this time with 11 kills. Susitko added 22 assists to her weekend total. Mellon totaled 10 digs to her daily total.
• Grace Welch finished the day 2ith 26 kills.
• Susitko had 111 assists on the weekend and was picked on the all-tournament team.
• Mellon finished the weekend with 87 digs in the four matches.
• Kenyon was led by Carly Uhlir (11 kills), Jensen Shurbert (39 digs), and Rachael Thorson (21 digs)
• Ohio Wesleyan was led by Iris Anderson (18 kills), Molly Jewett (42 assists), and Meghan Schwallie (10 digs) and N. Carmichael-Tanaka (10 digs).
The Bulldogs return home and continue league play when they host Trine on Tuesday, September 19 at 6:30 p.m., ET.