DELAWARE, Ohio - The Adrian College dropped two matches on day one of the Bishop Invitational hosted by Ohio Wesleyan. The Bulldogs lost the first match in three straight sets to Thomas More. Adrian lost in four to Transylvania to finish the day.
Final Scores: Game 1: Thomas More 3, Adrian 0 (25-15, 25-17, 25-15) / Game 2: Transylvania 3, Adrian 1 (25-15, 25-21, 23-25, 25-22).
Location: Delaware, Ohio (Branch Rickey)
Record: Adrian (2-8)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Bulldogs hit no higher as a team than .057 in the loss to Thomas More. Junior Jordan Pizzo (Tipton, Mich.) led the Adrian attack in game one with six kills. She also had a match-high .625 hitting percentage.
Adrian was able to pull out a close 25-23 win in set three against Transylvania to force a fourth set in the final game of day one. Merina Poupard (freshman, Monroe, Mich.) Pizzo hit well for the second straight match as she finished with a team-high .500 and eight kills. Sophomore Carly Thomas (Fishers, Ind.) also contributed to the offense with seven kills.
• Pizzo finished the day with 14 kills in the two matches to lead the Adrian offense.
• Liz Susitko (freshman, Novi, Mich.) paced the offense with 53 assists on the day.
• Senior Haley Mellon (Adrian, Mich.) continues to lead the Bulldog defense with a total of 48 digs in the two matches.
• Carlee Lambert and Jenna Mummert each had 11 kills for Thomas More. Jenna Fessler tallied 27 assists and Rachel Bronner had 17 kills for the Saints.
• Jordan Horne and Ellie Stigger lead Transy with 11 kills each. Hannah Talkers finished with 34 assists and Marissa Coutinho recorded 32 digs.
Adrian finishes at the Bishop Invitational on Saturday with an early match against Kenyon at 12:00 p.m., before ending with the host school, Ohio Wesleyan, at 2:00 p.m., ET.